- Khushi-TB: Using Khushi Baby’s digital health record technology, which has helped improve child health in rural India, Khushi-TB will focus on treatment and case management of tuberculosis in urban centers.
- MetaMagics: Software that reads radiology reports generates a summary of findings for the doctor to concisely read and act on in a clinical setting.
- JioVio Healthcare: A wearable device for pregnant women tracks and transmits vital information to healthcare professionals, enabling them to monitor high-risk conditions or other potential unidentified complications.
- Naps and Nibbles: India’s first child wellness application for mobile phones provides structured programs for post-birth health issues, including sleep, breastfeeding, and nutrition.
- Onward Assist: Supported by Harish Prabhala ’15 M.P.H., Onward Assist is a tool to assist and inform clinical decision-making related to breast and cervical cancer diagnosis and treatment.
The Yale School of Management has launched the Global Leaders from India program, which will dedicate up to five merit scholarships in its full-time MBA program in the coming year to students from India. The scholarships each will cover a minimum of half of tuition, valued at approximately $75,000 to $150,000 over two years. The scholarships will be awarded to the strongest candidates based on academic and professional accomplishments, as well as leadership potential.
All citizens of India who apply to the Yale School of Management MBA program will be considered for the Global Leaders from India scholarship; no additional step is required. Ambitious students with work experience in any sector who are interested in developing their leadership abilities are encouraged to apply. The application is available online and is currently open.
Co-sponsored by South Asian Studies Council
The talk will be delivered in Hindi – a translation of his entire lecture will be available in the form of handouts.
About the Ravish Kumar
Ravish Kumar is an Indian TV anchor, writer and journalist who covers topics pertaining to Indian politics and society. He is a senior executive editor at NDTV India, the Hindi news channel of the NDTV news network and hosts a number of programmes including the channel’s flagship weekday show Prime Time, Hum Log and Ravish Ki Report. Kumar has authored two books, Ishq Mein Shahar Hona (Rajkamal Prakashan [Hindi], 2008) and The Free Voice: On Democracy, Culture, and the Nation (Speaking Tiger, 2018).
He received the Ganesh Shankar Vidyarthi Award for Hindi Journalism and Creative Literature for 2010 from the President of India (awarded in 2014). Kumar was honoured with the Ramnath Goenka Excellence in Journalism Award for the Journalist of the Year in 2013 and 2017 for the broadcast category in Hindi language. He was included in the list of 100 most influential Indians 2016 by The Indian Express and named the best journalist of the year in 2015 by Mumbai Press Club. In March 2017, Kumar was honoured with the first Kuldip Nayar journalism award for his contribution to the field of journalism.