Yale will be well-represented at the upcoming Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, with eight Bulldogs selected for competition. The opening ceremony takes place this Friday, with the closing ceremony set for Aug. 21.
In addition to updates on yalebulldogs.com and Yale Athletics’ 2016 Olympians Page, fans can get updates on Yale’s Olympians via Yale Athletics on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. The Yale Olympics hashtag is #BulldogsInRio.
Yale’s eight Olympic athletes, their sports at Yale, and their Olympic events are:
- Ashley Brzozowicz ’04, Women’s Crew, alternate for Canada
- Charlie Cole ’07, Heavyweight Crew, Men’s Four for USA
- Tom Dethlefs ’12, Heavyweight Crew, alternate for USA
- Katherine Miller ’17, Women’s Fencing, Team Epee for Brazil
- Thomas Barrows ’10, Coed Sailing, 49er for USA
- Joe Morris ’12, Coed Sailing, 49er for USA
- Stu McNay ’05, Coed Sailing, 470 for USA
- Kate Grace ’11, Women’s Cross Country and Track and Field, 800m for USA
Brzozowicz (silver) and Cole (bronze) both medaled at the 2012 Olympics in London.
Additionally, Ivy League coverage of the Olympics can be found at IviesInRio2016.com. The Ivy League Olympics hashtag is #IviesInRio.